9.7.14

Wild Camping: Getting Closer to your Surroundings | Permaculture Magazine

Wild Camping: Getting Closer to your Surroundings | Permaculture Magazine

I found it interesting how much more thoroughly I was observed when staying overnight in the forest garden. I thought I'd had a fairly good look around during the tour, but deciding where to pitch my tent made me suddenly acutely aware of physical aspects, such as slope and how the sectors moved through the forest garden; where were the wind tunnels and sheltered areas, where would rain pool or flow, where could I catch the morning sunshine for warming my tent (it was April after all), I would like to add in the dawn chorus sector too and I imagine you would quite quickly become aware of things like the badger sector! It gave me a completely different perspective on the site and made me wonder whether I should try camping out in my veg patch as part of designing it! It also gave me a heightened appreciation of my basic needs – food, water and warmth/shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment